• Parents or guardians must stay on JCA property when swimming lessons are being administered. (Exception only for children coming directly from ECE or the After School program).
• A parent or guardian (over the age of 21) of children age 10 or younger may stay on the pool deck during class time.
• Students who have not fully mastered toilet learning must wear both a disposable swim diaper and approved cloth swim diaper, which fits snugly at the legs and waist. Oversized swim diapers will not be permitted in the water.
• Adults with children under 3 years old are welcome to use the adult locker room with their children. Children ages 3-15 must use the boys or girls locker room. Children ages 9 and younger must be accompanied by same-sex parents when in the locker rooms. When that doesn’t apply, there is a unisex family bathroom outside by the pool that must be used instead.
• Please take strollers and personal belongings to the poolside. We strongly encourage all guests to leave valuables at home. The JCA assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
• Participants may not enter the water before their lesson start time and non-JCA members must exit the pool immediately afterward.
• All Swim Instructors are American Red Cross certified with an emphasis on the fundamentals of child learning techniques for water comfort.
GROUP LESSON POLICIES
• There are no make-ups or refunds for any group lessons due to illness, inclement weather, pool closings, and vacation or holiday closings.
• Minimum enrollment for any class is two students. If a particular class falls below that number the JCA reserves the right, if necessary, to combine or change that session. All reasonable attempts will be made to find another class session for your child
• All class fees must be paid before the beginning of the first class.
• Early registration is appreciated.
• Three Month Bundling Option. Enroll child for three consecutive months of Swim School and receive either a $ 5.00 a month discount for the one day a week option or a $ 10.00 a month discount for the two day a week option.
• JCA refund policies apply.
• Schedule and registration guidelines are available at www.jcajax.org, at the JCA Aquatics Office (904) 730-2100 ext. 240 or in the latest JCA Program Guide.
• Registration and class scheduling is handled by the JCA Registrar’s Office or the Aquatics Office.
• Based on calendar fluctuations, the number of classes per month can vary, however the monthly fees remain consistent.
• Each student progresses through the levels at their own pace. As students’ progress through the developmental levels their class time/day might shift. Our Aquatics Staff will work with you to maintain a class time that works with your schedule but cannot guarantee times. Times that classes are offered are consistent year-round. • We make every attempt to maintain consistency in staffing, but there are times when substitutes may be necessary.
PRIVATE LESSON POLICIES
• Inclement weather or pool closings before a scheduled lesson will result in that lesson being rescheduled at a mutually agreeable time.
• If a lesson cannot be made up within one week of the last scheduled lesson, that lesson will be forfeited and charged to the participant.
• All participants must give at least a 24-hour notice of cancellation for already scheduled sessions, a make-up lesson will be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon day and time. Failure to properly cancel will result in a charge for that session at the established fee.
• All private lessons will expire six months from the date of purchase.
• Fees paid for (expired) sessions/lessons are non-refundable and non-transferable.
PLEASE NOTE: Participation in a swimming program does not “drown-proof” your child. Lessons are vital for enabling your children to become more acclimated to water and provide them with the proper tools for swimming independence. Adult supervision is essential in and around all aquatic environments; no matter their swimming ability.