Member Code of Conduct
The JCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the JCA to behave in a considerate and responsible way and to respect the rights and dignity of other members, guests and staff. Our Member Code of Conduct outlines actions that are deemed inappropriate.
The inappropriate actions listed below include but are not limited to:
- Inappropriate attire. Appropriate attire in keeping with the values of the JCA must be worn at all times.
- Angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons with the exception of law enforcement professionals.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals (drugs) on JCA property, in JCA vehicles or at JCA sponsored programs.
- Using or possessing alcohol on JCA property, in JCA vehicles or at unsanctioned JCA-sponsored programs.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
- Loitering is not permitted in or outside the JCA.
- Use of all tobacco products. Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted in or outside the JCA. The JCA and its property is a smoke-free/tobacco-free environment.
- The JCA is dedicated to the enhancement of Jewish identity and the continuity of Jewish life. A person or persons’ act of proselytizing or teaching of non-Jewish principles in an attempt to convert members or guests is prohibited, and persons engaging in proselytizing will be required to leave the building and grounds.
In addition, the JCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to the following persons:
- Registered sex offenders
- Those accused/convicted of sexual abuse crimes
- Those accused/convicted of crimes relating to the sale/use/possession/transportation of narcotics, habit forming, and/or dangerous drugs
- Those excessively or continuously using intoxicating beverages, narcotics or dangerous drugs
The JCA maintains a no tolerance policy concerning all of the above.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from that behavior. If a member or guest feels uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, they should report the behavior to a staff person or the Manager on Duty.
Good personal hygiene, including the appropriate use of deodorant, is expected as a consideration to other members.
JCA staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
In order to be able to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked.
The Executive Team will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of JCA membership privileges may result from a determination by the Executive Team if, in their discretion, a violation of the JCA Member Code of Conduct has occurred.