The JCA offers instructional swim programs designed by the American Red Cross. All instructors are certified through the American Red Cross as Water Safety Instructors. The JCA assures program quality by maintaining small class sizes, monitoring instruction and adhering to Red Cross standards. For more information, contact Josie Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 730-2100 ext. 240.
Private Swim Lessons (All Ages)
Our one-on-one private lesson instruction for all ages will lead you closer to your individual foal. Learn to swim, or learn to swim more efficiently. Each lesson is 30 minutes long.
Lessons by appointment only. To schedule your lessons, contact Josie Martin at (904) 730-2100 ext. 240.
This program is designed for children ages 6 to 12 years. Our goal is to help participants achieve maximum success. Introduction to water skills, fundamental aquatic skills, stroke development, stroke improvement, stroke refinement and personal water safety are the core topics covered. Classes have a 6-to-1 student to teacher ratio.
Register for Junior Makos
This program is designed for children ages 3.5 to 5 years. Children participate without a parent in the water, and swimmers are introduced to breath control, arm coordination, kicking and the development of basic strokes. Classes have a 5-to-1 student to teacher ratio.
Register for Little Makos
Parent & Me
This program is to teach you, the parent, how to work safely and effectively with your child (infant to 3 years old) in the water. The program emphasizes fun and enjoyment, water adjustment and preparatory activities for future swimming. This program is not designed to teach children to become good swimmers or even to survive in the water on their own. At least one adult must accompany the child in the pool.
Register for Parent & Me
This program is designed for children ages 2 to 3 years. In these 30-minute classes, swimmers will learn the foundation for water adjustment, floating, breath control, kicking, arm movement and safe entry and exit of the pool. Children must be able to function in a group lesson without a parent in the water. Classes have a 4-to-1 student to teacher ratio.
Register for Mini Makos
• Parents or guardians must stay on JCA property when swimming lessons are being administered. (Exception only for children coming directly from ECE or the After School program).
• A parent or guardian (over the age of 21) of children age 10 or younger may stay on the pool deck during class time.
• All non-toilet trained children are required to wear a swim diaper and a swim suit at all times when in the water.
• Adults with children under 3 years old are welcome to use the adult locker room with their children. Children ages 3-15 must use the boys or girls locker room. Children, age 9 and younger, must be accompanied by same sex parents when in the locker rooms. When that doesn’t apply, there is a gender-neutral family bathroom outside by the pool that must be used instead.
• Please take strollers and personal belongings to the poolside. We strongly encourage all guests to leave valuables at home. The JCA assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
• Participants may not enter the water before their lesson start time and non-JCA members must exit the pool immediately afterward.
• All Swim Instructors are American Red Cross certified with an emphasis on the fundamentals of child learning techniques for water comfort.
Inclement weather/pool closings before a scheduled lesson will result in that lesson being rescheduled at a mutually agreeable time. If a lesson cannot be made up within one week of the last scheduled lesson, that lesson will be forfeited and charged to the participant. All participants registered for private swim sessions must give at least a 24-hour notice of cancellation for already-scheduled sessions. Failure to properly cancel will result in a charge for that session at the established fee. All personal training sessions, private tennis lessons and private swim lessons will expire six months from the date of purchase. Fees paid for expired sessions/lessons are non-refundable and non-transferable.
There are no make-ups or refunds for any group lessons due to illness, inclement weather, pool closings and vacation or holiday closings.
All non-toilet-trained children are required to wear a swim diaper and a swimsuit at all times when in the water.